So, anything interesting happening in the Classic City today? Hmm...let us think...oh yeah!
The Commission is voting on La Puerta Del Sol tonight!
After weeks and weeks of opining, name-calling, a little bit of race-baiting, and a lot of angry babbling (by one Commissioner in particular), this thing is finally going to come up to a vote tonight.
We'll start with our usual call to email the Commission. There's still time, if you haven't made your feelings known yet. If you have been a good citizen and made your opinions known, then hey, do it again. Here are your relevant email addresses.
Mayor: Heidi Davison
District 1: Charles Carter
District 2: Harry Sims (no email. Boooo!)
District 3: George Maxwell
District 4: Alice Kinman
District 5: David Lynn
District 6: Carl Jordan
District 7: Kathy Hoard
District 8: States McCarter
District 9: Tom Chasteen
District 10: Elton Dodson
Finally, we thought we'd leave you with a few open-ended questions to think over.
- If this thing passes, will States McCarter explode into a mushroom cloud of cantankerous huffiness?
- If it doesn't pass, will Bruno et al seek to redevelop elsewhere in town?
- What, if any, retribution will States seek against those Commissioners who dare to vote for LPDS?
- How does the vote (whichever way it goes) affect politics in the Cedar Creek Homeowner's Association?
- Why hasn't States' hand-picked District 8 successor spoken up on this? For that matter, why hasn't Annette Nelson, who ran against him last year?
- If this doesn't pass, was the community really against it, or was the part of the community against it better organized?
Don't be fooled by the scoops that we got. We're still Athens Politics from the block.